THE GREAT PYRAMID - part 2
Why was it built?
by Dennis Gaumond
Due to the recent discovery of an ancient pyramid in Bosnia, there has been renewed interest in all ancient pyramids and a renewed questioning of the explanations that have been given to us by the scientific establishment. The topsoil on top of the Bosnian pyramid carbon dates to 12,000 years ago. Other organic material on top of the pyramid, found by two Italian archaeologists, Dr. Ricardo Brett and Niccolo Bisconti, dates to 25,000 years ago. This suggests that there was an advanced civilization much older than 6,000 years - the age of the Sumerian - which, conventional thought tells us, is the oldest civilization. (For videos on the Bosnian pyramid, click here: Bosnia Pyramid and here: Bosnia Pyramid 2)
In light of this recent discovery, I've decided to share an excerpt from my book, 'Why Is Life?', which synopsizes a great deal of info about the Great Pyramid in Egypt. This will appear in increments over the next several newsletters. Here is the second installment:
In the last newsletter we took a look at some of the awesome attributes of the Great Pyramid - the incredible magnitude and precision of this enigmatic structure. We also pointed out that some of the conventional explanations and theories surrounding its construction seem sadly lacking and maybe even purposefully deceptive. Here is another excerpt from my book, 'Why Is Life'.
A great deal of alternative research and postulation has been put forth in the past 100 years which attempts to explain why, when, how and who built this amazing structure. In my opinion, most of these alternative explanations are more convincing than the conventional theories. Unfortunately, much of this work has been ignored by academia.
There is almost a religious fervor around the defense of the old Egyptology paradigms. Why do the 'experts' pretend to have the answers to the riddles of the Great Pyramid when it seems obvious to anyone who does even a little research in this area that there are huge pieces of the puzzle missing? We will take a quick look at some of this alternative information, but for those of you who find this subject as fascinating as I do, I recommend a deeper investigation into the work of the researchers mentioned in this chapter. I will try to present the various theories about the Great Pyramid by examining the questions: why, how, who and when.
If we can set aside the idea that it was a tomb, then why was the Great Pyramid built? What was the function of such an incredible structure? Let's take a brief look at some of the many opinions regarding this question.
- Some, including Robert Menzies, adhere to the 'pyramidology' theory, whereby the Great Pyramid as well as others, are instruments of prophecy. Hieroglyphics etched in the stone, as well as measurements and proportions, are said to date Biblical events and to predict significant events in history. According to 'futurist', G. M. Scallion, the pyramid time record ends in 1953, which is said to be the start of a period known as 'the choosing'.
- Much has been made fairly recently, of the notion of pyramid power, whereby the actual pyramid shape somehow generates sub-sonic waves of energy which have the capacity of making wine age better, maintaining the sharpness of razor blades, inhibiting the decay of dead flesh, etc. It is said to have several medical applications, influencing the lifespan of bacteria and affecting human brain-wave activity.
- In 1883, Richard Anthony Proctor suggested that it was an astronomical observatory. He was not the first to make this claim, however. In 400AD, the Byzantine philosopher, Proclus, proposed the same notion.
- Alan Alford contends that, among other things, the Great Pyramid has served as a prison of the god, Marduk/Ra who was battling with Ninurta. He also feels that it was a navigational beacon for incoming ET craft, pointing out that, with the white casing, it would have been highly visible from a distance. He also claims that the many empty niches in the pyramid once housed large crystals, with names such as; the 'Sham' (destiny stone), 'Gug'(direction determining stone), 'Su'(vertical stone), 'Kashurra'(awesome pure which opens stone), 'Sagkal'(sturdy stone in front), and 'Ul'(high as the sky stone).
- Some people have suggested that the pyramid is some kind of time machine or star-gate, and that the amplification of certain frequencies could cause 'portals' to open.
- Several opinions contend that the Great Pyramid was once used as an energy generator/ power plant. Edgar Cayce's readings on Atlantis describe similar power plants. The most convincing argument in that department is provided by Christopher Dunn, an engineer much experienced in the field of high-tech tools. He claims that the pyramid is tuned to the planet's base resonant frequency, the Schumann Resonance, that it is a harmonic integer of the planet. Earth produces a very low frequency note, which is said to be F#. (It is interesting that many indigenous flutes and musical instruments are tuned to F#.) This note is amplified by the structure and converted to electricity. He suggests that this is achieved by the huge blocks of granite in the pyramid's interior. Granite is 50% quartz, which has the ability to transduce sound vibration into an electrical current, as in a crystal microphone or Piezo-tension transducer. This is called the piezoelectric effect.
Dunn points out that the huge granite beams above the King's chamber are dressed on all but the top side, which was chipped away until the beams were precisely tuned. An acoustic analysis of the Great Pyramid was done by acoustic engineer and NASA consultant, Tom Danley. It was said that the pyramid had a sonic 'purpose', and that an F# note is always present in the pyramid shafts. The granite box in the King's chamber, known as the Sarcophagus, has been shown to be tuned to the note A. (I'm not sure if this is significant, but A is the third note in an F# minor chord.) Dunn claims that microwaves enter the chamber via the north shaft, pass through the granite box which acts as a lens which concentrates the microwaves into maser beams. (A laser beam consists of concentrated light waves, while a maser is concentrated microwaves.) The mazer beams are then shot out through the south shaft to some receiver - possibly a satellite, which he suggests could have been called the 'Eye of Horus'. Dunn sites a good deal of technical evidence to make his point.
It is interesting that other Egyptian structures also seem to have something to do with sound. The two Obelisks at the Karnak complex are made from one solid piece of pink granite weighing 143 and 320 tons. When struck these monuments produce a deep, low-pitched note.
Alford also believes that the building was used as a power plant, claiming that hydrogen was extracted from water in the Queen's chamber, and then burned for electricity in the King's chamber. Psychic, Gordon M. Scallion claims that the Great Pyramid once contained volcanic gases, which were harnessed for power.
- Edgar Cayce said that the Great Pyramid was a temple of initiation. Many psychics and mystics are of the opinion that it once housed great crystals and that it was part of an elaborate mystery school which was divided into two parts, taking twelve years each to complete. The school of the Right Eye of Horus focussed on left-brain 'mind' issues, involving the learning of cosmology, sacred geometry and other information. For the next twelve years the initiate attended the school of the Left Eye of Horus, which dealt with right-brain, 'emotional' issues, involving the development of intuition and other psychic abilities, as well as the overcoming of fears. Twelve different chambers in various temples were designed to bring in certain energies, to house different ratios of magnetics/frequencies that corresponded to twelve different basic fears, one for each of the twelve chakras. The King's Chamber was the last step in a process by which the initiate achieved unity consciousness, overcame fear, discovered his/her true identity, gained complete control of self and achieved Christ-consciousness. The initiate was sealed in the granite box for three days, where s/he was subject to conditions of elevated frequencies and greatly diminished magnetic strength. If the initiate could control all thoughts and emotions and maintain a state of grace with no fear or doubts, s/he would experience life in the next dimension. The Queen's Chamber was then used as a place to stabilize.
In the next newsletter we'll move on to the next question - how was the Great Pyramid built?